Transgender Breast Augmentation, Male to Female Surgery
At Urban Beauty Thailand
Feminizing hormonal therapy often effect some breast development. However this is not sufficient for the MTF patients to live comfortably. In this case surgical augmentation may be recommended.
1. Periareolar incision
2. Transexillary incision
3. Inframmary incision
MTF Breast augmentation at Urban Beauty Thailand
is a common procedure which is performed, by plastic surgeon, using implants placed sub-muscularly via an incision under the breast or around the areola. Although the technique is essentially the same as augmentation mammoplasty in genetic women, there are important anatomical differences in male and female chests that guide modification for MTF transsexual compared to non-transgender women, the breast envelope of the MTF is often undeveloped and tight and there may be less lipomatous tissue. The most important is the surgeon will be knowledgeable more than one of surgical techniques. For the optimal results of feminizing breast augmentation that may be used to facilitate choice of the technique best suited to the patient’s individual needs. The patients should be made aware that implants cannot perfectly imitate adult breasts. In particular the age-related changes seem in non-transgender women and cleavage between the breasts is very difficult to create.
Breast implants available:
a. Texture gel filled prosthesis
b. Smooth gel filled prosthesis
c. Smooth saline pre-filled prosthesis
d. Smooth saline filled adjustable prosthesis
A good candidate for MtF breast augmentation;
- Realistic in their expectation
- Psychologically stable
- Good physical health
- Not currently pregnant or nursing
- 18 years of age or older
- Expected course and recovery.
- In conjunction with the prescribing physician, feminizing endocrine therapy is stopped 2 to 4 weeks.
- Medications affecting the coagulation cascade must be stopped 7-10 days prior to surgery.
- The patients undergoing breast augmentation as a single surgery will be admitted and in most cases be discharged home the same day as surgery.
- Patients will take nothing by mouth (with some exceptions for medications) at least 6 hours prior to surgery. While in hospital, patients will have routine monitoring by nursing and surgical staff.
- Pain management is usually straight forward, allowing for early discharge home with oral analgesics. Antibiotics are usually given in hospital.
- Patients who have undergone a breast will leave their dressings intact for 3 days following surgery.
- After this, the gauze dressings may be removed but steri-strips along the incision line should be left in place. The patient may shower; taking care to avoid soaking the incisions.
- The steri-stips should be gently patied dry and will fall off on their in 7 to 10 days.
- It is normal for incisions take erythematous, but it should not progress to more than 1 to 2 cm. from the incision.
- Feelings of sharp shooting pain, burning sensations and/or general discomfort are common during the healing process and will eventually disappear.
- Patients are usually comfortable 1 to 2 days after surgery and back to their daily routine in 1 to 2 weeks.
- The strenuous activity should be avoided for 3 to 4 weeks.
- Breast massage should be starting in 3-5 days following surgery, if tolerated.
Possible risks and complications
- Breast augmentation carries very little risk. The complications include wound infection, post operative bleeding, and symmetry of breast size shape or position, Symmetry of nipple areola complex and even more rarely adverse reaction to anesthesia.
- Specific side effects of breast augmentation include;
- Capsular contracture: the scar around the implant begins to tighten, causing the breast to feel hard.
- Loss in nipple sensitivity: usually a temporary effect.
What to choose?
Preparing for your MTF Breast Augmentation in Thailand:
- When you book with us, there are no hidden fees or charges as you will pay directly to hospital, what you see is what you get!
- Take a few moments to review your desired outcome to make sure that you and our plastic surgeon are on the same page.
- Our Surgeon will give instruction about surgery before operation.
- When you contact Urban Beauty Thailand, we will not only set you up with our best surgeons team, we will also assist you in any way we can when it comes to finding accommodation.
- Thanks to our contacts in various Thai cities, we can secure discounted prices for you in luxury accommodation. And unlike other companies in the region, all our prices are upfront.
Position of Implants:
Before & After