Rhinoplasty For Facial Feminization
Millions of people have rhinoplasty (also known as a ‘nose job’) each year. There are various reasons why they have decided to take this action. Noses that are crooked, misshapen, have valleys, are too large, too long or too pointy are all prime candidates for rhinoplasty. But few have as much riding on the procedure as those seeking sex reassignment.
There is a marked difference in the size and shape of male and female noses. It is very difficult to complete a total transformation as a woman if your nose is still distinctly male.
Most women have diminutive noses so those with large and wide noses need to find some way to mimic the female appearance. This is why rhinoplasty when it comes to facial feminization is different to normal procedures.
Am I A Suitable Candidate For Rhinoplasty?
At Urban Beauty Thailand, we are on a mission to make all our patients feel good about themselves. The bottom line is: If you are desperately unhappy with your nose and feel like it’s preventing you from achieving a completely feminine appearance, you need to seriously consider following through with it.
You only live once and we have found that contrary to general opinion, cosmetic surgery can make a huge psychological difference. This is backed up by an array of medical studies.
There are few requirements for rhinoplasty except for the fact that you’re in good mental and physical health. Patients who currently have serious illnesses are not eligible and those who once had serious illnesses will also be thoroughly checked out. For men, the minimum rhinoplasty age is 15.
What Happens During A Rhinoplasty For Facial Feminization?
As we have already mentioned, there is a marked difference between this surgery and the traditional method:
- Facial feminization rhinoplasty has a clear goal which is to reduce the size of the nose and bring it into line with the patient’s entire facial frame.
- Our medical team gains access to patient’s cartilage and bone that’s located underneath the skin of the nose. This access is gained via the patient’s nostrils.
- The bone and cartilage will then be cut and shaved where necessary as a means of reducing the length and width of the nose, making the bridge straighter and defining the tip.
- If a patient has forehead contouring performed during the same bout of surgery, the bridge work is done from the top, using the incision that was made to gain access to the forehead bone.
- A pair of incisions can also be made at the base of the nostril’s wings as a means of narrowing the nostrils. This is known as alarplasty and is also performed by Urban Beauty Thailand’s medical team.
- Bandages will be applied after the surgery with a cast added for 2-3 days. The bandaging and swelling may stay on for a few weeks but you can return to your normal social activities within a week of the surgery.
- However, avoid anything that could damage your nose. Be prepared to have gauze inside your nose for two days which will force you to breathe through your mouth.
- The initial bruising and swelling may come as a shock but within 3 weeks, virtually no traces of the surgery will remain. We recommend that you purchase cold compresses as this significantly aids the healing process.
- Within 6 months, you will appreciate just what the rhinoplasty has done for you.
- The large male nose will have vanished and be replaced by a dainty nose that makes you look all-woman. As the incisions are made inside the nose, scars will not be visible to others.
At Urban Beauty Thailand, we understand the complexities of facial feminization and the difference that great rhinoplasty makes. This is why our expert team is a necessity when you finally decide to change the nose that betrays you. Book an appointment now.
MORE INFORMATION ON OUR FACE LIFTING PROCEDURE:
- FACELIFT, BROWN LIFT, FOREHEAD LIFT THAILAND
- FACELIFT TEMPLE LIFT THAILAND
- S-LIFT SHORT SCAR MINI FACELIFT SURGERY THAILAND
- MACS – FACELIFT SURGERY THAILAND
- MINI FACELIFT SURGERY THAILAND
- THREAD LIFT SURGERY THAILAND
- FACELIFT AND NECKLIFT SURGERY THAILAND
- FACELIFT MAKEOVER IN THAILAND
- FACELIFT, LASER, INJECTABLE: What to choose?
How to get a quote: Photographs & Medical history necessary to undergo a surgery, Stay, Requirements
To request the right quote and provide all necessary details and “Make arrangements for a surgery by following these easy steps”.
Photographs required for Rhinoplasty For Facial Feminization: Please send 5 pictures of your face:
- 1 frontal photograph, 1 profile photograph of each side and 1 3/4 profile photograph of each side.
- It is important that pictures show the head and neck completely.
Details: Age, Weight and Height