Gastric Bypass Surgery Thailand
A surgical procedure used for treatment of morbid obesity, consisting of the severance of the upper stomach, anastomosis of the small upper pouch of the stomach to the jejunum, and closure of the distal part of the stomach. Gastric bypass, bariatric surgery performed to reduce stomach capacity and allow food to bypass part of the small intestine.Thailand is specifically specialized for Gastric Bypass, which details are as under; Types of Gastric Bypass surgery;
Cost of Gastric Bypass in Thailand
Its minimum price is THB450,000-600,000/$US 14,500 and maximum price is $US 18,000.
Roux-en-Y gastric bypass (RGB)
- It is the most common gastric bypass procedure performed. First, a small stomach pouch is created by stapling part of the stomach together or by vertical banding. This limits how much food you can eat.
- Next, a Y-shaped section of the small intestine is attached to the pouch to allow food to bypass the duodenum as well as the first portion of the jejunum. This causes reduced calorie and nutrient absorption.
- This procedure can now be done with a laparoscope (a thin telescope-like instrument for viewing inside the abdomen) in some people.
- This involves using small incisions and generally has a more rapid recovery time.
Extensive gastric bypass (biliopancreatic diversion)
- In extensive gastric bypass – a more complicated gastric bypass operation – the lower portion of the stomach is removed.
- The small pouch that remains is connected directly to the final segment of the small intestine, thus completely bypassing both the duodenum and jejunum.
- Although this procedure successfully promotes weight loss, it is not as widely used because of the high risk for nutritional deficiencies.
Suitable candidate for Gastric Bypass;
Those people who have diabetes or heart diseases or have BMI of 40 or more or BMI 35 or more they need Gastric Bypass.
What are the chances of success with Gastric Bypass Surgery?
- According to statistics from the Mayo Clinic, people can lose around one third of their excess weight in one to four years following gastric bypass surgery.
- Weight is lost more quickly following surgery and decreases over time. Sticking to a healthy diet and taking exercise increases the chances of success.
Length of procedure/surgery:
- Gastric bypass surgery takes between 1 and 3 hours to complete.
- Days admitted and recovery:
- Patients are normally admitted in hospitals or clinics for 3 to 5 days and Recovery from a gastric bypass surgery procedure generally takes between 4 and 6 weeks.
- Gastric Bypass is a permanent procedure with documented benefits, including weight loss of 50% or more of the mass weight.
- It is a viable solution for the morbidly obese.
When you contact Urban Beauty Thailand, we will not only set you up with best surgeon team, we will also assist you in any way we can when it comes to finding accommodation. Thanks to our contacts in various Thai cities, we can secure discounted prices for you in luxury accommodation. And unlike other companies in the region, all our prices are upfront. When you book with us, there are no hidden fees or charges as you pay directly to hospital, what you see is what you get!