- Consultation with the surgeon.
- Evaluation of medical health history
- ECG and blood test will be taken
- Certain medicines like anticoagulants, hormones, anabolic steroids including large dose testosterone should be stopped at least 4-6 weeks prior to surgery. Most supplements, vitamins and recreational drugs must be stopped for several weeks prior to surgery.
- Stop smoking and alcohol intake at least 2 weeks before the surgery.
- No intake of food or water 8 hours prior to surgery.
- The surgery usually takes between one and two hours to complete and is usually done under a general anesthesia.
- Compression garment is available to be used post-op.
Compression garments are placed snugly and continuously and these will be worn for about 2-3 weeks after surgery.
Rest but not bed rest: While rest is important in the early stages of healing, equally important is that you are ambulatory, meaning that you are walking under your own strength. Spend 10 minutes every 2 hours walking indoors.
- A day after the surgery, patient may have light to moderate physical activities.
- Good nutrition: Stick with soft, bland, nutritious food for the first 24 hours.
- Take all medications exactly as prescribed.
- Change incision dressings frequently.
- Do not resume any exercise other than regular walking to prevent the formation of blood clots.
- Do not smoke or drink alcohol.
- Refrain from weight bearing exercise, twisting or lifting anything over your head.
- Take a warm not hot shower. Do not take a bath. Limit your shower to 10 minutes.
- Avoid strenuous activities for about 6 weeks specially gym activities.
- Follow- up check with the surgeon will be 7 days after for suture removal and assessment
Book an appointment with Urban Beauty Thailand. By doing this, you will be circumnavigating the numerous fees associated with other Thai clinics. We are in direct contact with Hospital/Clinic and can even help you book accommodation. With Urban Beauty Thailand, there are no hidden charges. The quote we give you is final with no nasty surprises.